Tuesday 24 January 2012

Tearjerker

Today I find myself reminded of my mom.

Today would be her birthday.

I still find it incredibly difficult to imagine that she's gone. That we aren't going to get a phone call. That she won't be there when we pop in for a visit. That she isn't going to walk around the corner. That she won't tell me my hair is getting grey and I need to dye it. We won't hear her criticism and we won't hear her praise.

My mom was a very important aspect of my life. It pains me, today of all days, to think that I no longer have her in my life.

And I know I've said it before, she's still in my heart and in my memories. And I can try and live in her image. But not having her here really hurts today.

Mom, I miss you. I miss all that you are about and all that you were. I miss your smile. I miss your laughter. I miss your uniquely coloured eyes and you twirling your hair.

I miss you.

No comments:

Site Meter