Wednesday 27 June 2012

The List

Recently me and the hubs found ourselves at a party at the beautiful Jenn Eades house (oh Aaron and Pete's house too but they are boys so I don't count them in on this post - sorry guys!)

At this backyard shindig, I had the pleasure of meeting a large group of Jenn's friends including some that she's known for decades. (And no Jenn, I don't say that to make you feel old - because there is no way that we are old if we have so much fun!)

The night started out with a huge but fabulous discussion about Magic Mike - a movie due out Friday that has definitely got my attention. Come on girls - you have to agree that it peaks your curiosity a little as well. Just think of it, a sexy Channing Tatum, Matthew  McConaughey and a multitude of other hotties, slowly taking off their clothes. Oh yeah. It's certainly tantalizing.

All the hot talk about the hot men got people talking about their "List." I know they had lists on Friends and such, but the whole concept of actually having a list of my own hadn't really crossed my mind. I know what I like, but time changes so my list would change and evolve wouldn't it?

But here we were, a group of confident ladies discussing different celebrities that they considered good for their list. What was most amusing as well, was that many of their spouses had lists and they talked about them enough to know who was on each other's list. One of the girls even had a backup list, you know, in case one of her top guys needs to drop out for some reason.

The idea was so interesting, and hearing everyone's ideas was really eye-opening. It was very interesting to see that some of the women had ebbed and flowed, and some were still they would've had adolescent crushes or fantasies about.

I knew that I needed to make a list. Other than the person, or rather character on top, the rest of my list is in no particular order. And here it goes...


1. Thor. Mmmmmm Thor. Oh how you have completely filled my waking and sleeping dreams with your strength and sexiness. Oh I know that the actor looks really good as well, but there is something about a tall muscly guy with that perfect triangular shape - you know what I'm talking about girls - broad shoulders, down to a tapered waist. Hot Damn there is a reason you are my current number one. I cannot wait for more of the movies to come out. Hell, I want to watch the Thor movie, over and over again. If you haven't yet - I highly recommend checking this sexy beast out for yourselves!

2. Within the past 6 months, I've really grown an affinity for the sexy star of Magic Mike, Channing Tatum. Knowing that he used to be a stripper doesn't even phase me. I recently found out that he likes girls that are a little bigger, and since I am, it's even more reason to love this sexy man. There is something about his eyes, and yes, I do know that I'm old enough to have babysat him. that's why this is a dream list, not an actual list.
3. This hunk of burning love has been on my list since the 90's. I try to watch all his movies, without even realizing I'm doing it. I even like his stoner character in Dazed and Confused. In fact, I can still close my eyes and hear him saying "Alright, alright, alright," as only he can. He just exudes hotness, sexiness and man-oh-man his accent is completely droolworthy. Oh yes, I'm talking about Matthew McConaughey. 

4. Another actor who got my attention and was in Dazed and Confused I was a little hesitant to add as in recent years, I haven't wanted to break up his gorgeous marriage. Ben Affleck is someone that I've had a soft spot for, for a very long time.
5. Mark Wahlberg. I'm not talking about the really bad haircut for the movie that is coming out. I'm talking about Mark Mark and the Funky Bunch and the years after where he was more of an actor than a rapper. But hot. Still really, incredibly hot. Yummy!

6. Shemar Moore. Now that is a beautiful man. I imagine his skin to be as soft as butter, his arms strong and a mischievous twinkle in his eye as he only has eyes for me. I loved him on Y&R and can honestly say that I think he wins hands down as the hottest actor to ever be on that show (Oh please bring back the real Uncle Malcolm!) He's also the hottest guy on Criminal Minds. Hot with a capital H!
7. Joshua Jackson. I loved him as Charlie on Mighty Ducks but not nearly as much as I loved him as Pacey on Dawson's Creek. He was everything I want in a man, smart, funny, sexy and mischievousness. Just how I like my man. 


8. Jason Segel - now who doesn't like a funny sexy man? As Marshal on How I Met Your Mother, he's genius. In my head, he's exactly like the character. Lovable. Funny. Loyal and great in bed. :) I think if I met him we could be great friends. 

And that folks, is my list. I wanted 10 but as it's taken me all freaking night to put this together, I think I'll leave it at 8. There is definitely a pattern, although Thor broke the mold (rightfully so - I mean who can be more perfect than the God of Thunder???) So... who's on yours? Don't be shy. We're all friends here. :)

1 comment:

@mummyto_1 said...

It got me thinking for my 'List' :-)
1. Jason Statham
2. Mark Wahlberg
3. Thor
4. Matt Damon
5. Gerard Butler
6. Ben Affleck
7. Channing Tatum
8. David Boreanz
9. Denzel Washington
10. Johnny Depp

Site Meter