Monday 9 April 2012

Quick Update

I have a few blogs in my mind but until my final assignment is handed in Sunday I think it's not fair to finish them.

Sunday. Eek! How could the past 4 months gone so quickly? Last week I had to hand in a synopsis of my entire book from start to finish. Considering I hadn't even written it all yet this was no easy feat. Luckily I had my husband around long enough to sit with me while I agonized over it sitting in a Pizza Hut just hours before it was due.

I also started out at the Coping Centre last week. As you may already know, I've experienced a lot of loss over the past 14 months. My uncle passed away after a 7 year battle with liver cancer last February, my mom was diagnosed in May of Stage 4 cancer and passed away in September with my dog going two weeks after. A few weeks ago I also lost one of my favourite Aunts. There have been other losses over the past year and a bit and it's made life a little difficult for me. I'm not just the same happy go lucky person that I once was and I'm hoping this group can help me cope with everything.

A few weeks ago I stayed at a fabulous B&B in Stratford called the Blue Spruce on Erie. I have a big ol' blog post written about that in my brain that I still need to flesh out. Before I have a chance, please take my word for it that it's a great place to stay that's not too far from downtown.

While in Stratford I went to check out some dogs as me and the hubs have decided we are ready to find a dog perfect for us. While at the Humane Society they let me walk one of the dogs, a very sweet girl named Chanel, but halfway down the stairs I ended up going down with a really bad sprain. Or I hope it's a sprain. I need to get an xray this week (somehow at some point.)

This week I have 4 family birthdays and the potential birth of two babies that I'm planning on loving like my own. My bestie Devon is having a c-section on Friday and my sister-in-law is due on Tuesday but the baby could come any time. Heck, she could be in labour right this minute and we wouldn't know because of the fact that they don't allow cell phones. So I'll be rooting for them all week. I also have a wedding shower out of town on Sunday afternoon.

All this craziness means that I have zero time to do all the thousands of things I want to do, and I need to instead spend every waking minute working on the first 20 pages of my novel along with a letter to a publisher where I'd like to market my book to. Tonight I've set the ground work on the publisher, again. I had done work at the start of the course but now that I'm writing I feel that perhaps a different publishing house might be more suited to my work.

So yeah. That's as much of an update as I have time for right now. I'll have a bit more time to breath next Monday night but until then - it's nose to the grindstone! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Site Meter