Wednesday 5 March 2008

It's just Cabral after all


Being part of blogging is a way to talk about anything you want. You can talk about your hamster, or your dreams, nightmares or even your husbands elbows. It's so nice to just be able to talk about anything your little heart desires. No one can stop you because lets face it, if they don't want to hear it, they can go spend some time one else's page. Yep, life in blog world is just that darn good.

Anyhow - with my little facebook challenge that I took yesterday, I was able to to reconnect with quite a few people. I found out that two of my friends are expecting babies; two are doing very well in school and have huge plans for the future; one is really interested in being born again, over and over and over again. It's been very interesting.

Now I've decided to trun on the tv and who do I find? Why my good old friend from high school - Cabral Richards. You may know him as Cabbie from the Street. He has this show on the Score where he goes around and talks to athletes and just brings a sense of humor to everything. He's still the same guy he always was and it's awesome. He's always been funny and always been cute. (Don't tell him though - it'll go to his head!) I remember the first time I caught his show. I was sitting in a restaurant and looked up and saw him talking on the screen and I almost fell over!

Back in high school I shared a couple classes with Cabral. The one that brought us the closest was Journalism. We worked on the same yearbook and newspaper. Who knew that we'd both go onto persue journalism as a career... of course he's still working in it and I'm not - but at least I have the diploma! Cabral was also in my gym class for leadership. We got to go camping, and do all sorts of other crazy activities. (I loved that class!)

The main thing I'll remember about him though - was his ability to just be himself no matter who was around. He was always "on" so to speak - always witty, always willing to do ANYTHING. Mostly, I remember him either naked, or in his gitch. In fact, I wouldn't even know the word "gitch" if he hadn't taught me! His main pair that I remember - were deep purple. He swam in those at the grotto. Lucky bastard!

So yeah - I have a famous person that I know and it's kind of cool. But to be honest, I don't think I'm going to sit and lust over him. I mean - it's just Cabral after all.

See him at wikipedia by going here.
See his show's webpage at the Score.
and finally, go see his Myspace Profile.

No comments:

Site Meter