Sunday 9 March 2008

To my Groom - a few months too late!

The night before my wedding I was up late in the hot tub with my sisters just talking and when I came back to my parents to go to sleep. I was overcome with the excitement of knowing that the next day I was marrying James and that he was - and still is - the most amazing person that I have ever met.

because I wasWhile lying in bed at my parents, I couldn't sleep overcome with this rush to write a poem for my husband to be that I wanted to read to him at our reception. I made it a mission to have it with me at the table and that I'd be able to read it. Somehow, the book was moved and it was put away where it didn't belong - and I wasn't able to find it. I agonized over it because it meant so much - the words were from my heart. I had one of my groomsmen go hunting for it, because he knew that it was bothering me - which also got one of my bridesmaids in the act. I'm sure people might have been wondering where they all were during speeches - as there is no way that everyone had to go to the bathroom at the same time.

They never find it, and it wasn't until a month or so later that I was able to find the book. Someone had put it in the box for our guest book pages. I would've never thought to look there - and I'm sure no one would have either. The good thing about finding it though was that I was able to finally read to James the poem that I had so lovingly written. I have decided that I should share it with you so you can also know what I was feeling that night - and every day and night since then.

TO MY GROOM

Standing here tonight
Thinking of your Love
It seems as if
you were sent from heaven above
You fill all my days
with laughter and with fun
You'll fill many more
Even after the honeymoon is done
You are the man of my dreams
The one that I want
Even if you do
Love to tease into taunt
You're always with me
Through laughter and through tears
My hearts yours forever
For years upon years
Today I became your wife
Believe me it's true
I wouldn't have it any other way
Because I love you!

No comments:

Site Meter