Sunday 17 April 2011

The Secret - Book Review

If there ever was a book that highlighted how amazing a kiss can be in, it would be my 9th book in my #28in2011 - "The Secret" by Julie Garwood.

As I mentioned in my first post about #26in2011, Julie Garwood is one of my favourite authors of all time. Therefore it shouldn't come as a complete shock to anyone that on a snowy day in April (yes snow... in April!) I would want to reach for a book that I know I'm going to enjoy. The Secret has never disappointed.

It's a historical romance set in the Scottish Highlands during the early 1200's. So of course you have dashing lairds and family feuds. The Secret focuses on two of Julie Garwood's favourite clans - the Maitlands and the MacLean's.

What is really great about this story is that it really builds. The tension and the passion build as the story you get further involved in the story. Julie Garwood does a wonderful job of describing those in the story so that you really feel that you are there with them and experiencing everything written on the page. The story his a hot one but really makes me appreciate what I already have.

The only issue that I have is that when the secret was revealed, the story ended a little too easily. The dramatic confrontation you felt it was building into was short and didn't really crest as I was expecting. Even still I felt satisfied and fulfilled with the way the story ended.

I devoured this book, as I do with many that I read, in a few short hours and in one sitting. It was an easy read and if anything, all I wanted to do was kiss my husband at the end. Lucky for me he was obliging. So if you are looking for a book that might get your heart palpitating, I really do recommend this one but don't be surprised if you are thirsting after a nice long kiss to leave you senseless when you are done.

No comments:

Site Meter