Saturday 17 December 2011

Day 4 - Favourite Christmas Tradition

I have a lot of Christmas Traditions that when they are happening they feel like they are my favourite and therefore it's really hard for me to narrow down just one but I'll try.

I love having Chinese Food on Christmas Eve with my husband - first by getting it at a restaurant to us making it ourselves. I love going to look at Christmas lights and marveling in their beauty and their time and effort. I love the new tradition of Sweater Breakfast where I get to share some holiday cheer with my friends and their kids. I love the hugs from my nieces and nephews. I love the carols. I love the fact that I get to be with James' family and that his parents always put a box of cereal under the tree for all the kids and it's a mad dash to get one you like. I love how chaotic my family Christmases are with all the kids and adults a flurry of activity. I love showing off a new outfit on Christmas day and I love just being around people that have known me for a long time and love me despite all my faults.

With that said, I'm going to talk about a tradition that unfortunately is over. And that's me getting a stocking from my mom. My mom always went out and purchased make up for me in my stocking because I would always need it at that time of year. She always got me gum instead of chocolate because she knew that I would prefer it. She always got me a pair of socks and an orange in the bottom and she always filled it up with love.

Her love in the stocking was always there for me to have and to hold and to love. And I know that she won't be there to give me her stocking this year, and I know that I have to buy my own makeup, but I also know that her love and her memories will be there in my heart forever.

No comments:

Site Meter