Wednesday 21 December 2011

Day 8 - To give or receive?

This is a continuation of the following countdown. And before you say it, yes, I'm doing them in the wrong numerical order in that I'm counting up and not down. Shoot me.

Day 05. (Dec 21st) Give or receive? Explain.

Even since I was a child, I have been really focused on giving. My birthday is 5 days before Christmas so I had a whole day devoted to me and me getting gifts. I really wanted to make sure that at Christmas the people that I love would have the same joy that I had. When I became a little older, I would take any money I was given for my birthday and turn it into gifts for other people. I've always felt so good to see an excited face when I got a gift that was just right. I would sit and watch for their reactions and smile to myself for a job well done. Giving is always better and I really hope that the people whose presents are sitting under my tree enjoy the thought and time that I put forward in getting them something extra special.

No comments:

Site Meter